Sunday, March 2, 2008

Classified Ad

I quit my job. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that here.

Now I need to find a new job. I'm stable enough, if not the life of the party.

I'm having a really hard time figuring out what to do, what I would find satisfying, what I would be a decent fit with. One of my magazines recently had an article where you are supposed to picture yourself as 95 and on your death bed. What would you tell your younger self about what they should do? If I knew that, I wouldn't need to go through the exercise.

And let me just say that being bipolar isn't exactly a self-esteem booster. So I got to thinking, what if I was to write a job sought ad? What would I say?

Bipolar chick in need of a position. Highly honed sharp sense of humor from time down in the dumps. Endurance well beyond the norm. Appreciative of normal, stable supervisors who do not judge a person by their disabilities. Challenging intellectual work a plus, as it serves as a good distraction. Compassionate of those who are in pain. Strong empathetic streak. Intolerant of passive aggressive folks or other indirect behavior. Likely to call a spade a spade. At times there is a high potential for uber-productiveness. At times, person may seem a little low. Bipolar individuals are known for their creativity. Looking for a stable environment without triggers. Presence of other treated mentally ill folks or recovering addicts welcome.

OK - what does that lead to? Anyone know?

2 comments:

grupo unido de roda fogo said...

Lindo suas palavras amiga. Meus parabéns pelo seu blog. Um abraço de: Manoel Limoeiro de Recife-PE.

e-mail:manoeljs127773997@hotmail.com

blog www.gupounidoderodafogo.blogspot.com Brazil

Nanners said...

I hear a lot of myself in you regarding the job thing. I'm an office monkey and would LOVE to do anything else that would allow me to have my bad days without being labeled as difficult or having a bad attitude. Good Luck!