Sunday, March 9, 2008

It's a slippery slope

Here's the thing. My mood is a fragile beast. Just getting it's sea legs back, so to speak. After being in total despair for months and months, it's starting to come up a little tinsy bit.

But life has normal ups and downs. And I'm too newly born to handle them. Being sad still touches that dark place even though I know it shouldn't. But it does. So I get sad, and then I REALLY get sad. Like I can't be a little sad. It's not in my make up at the moment.

Which is a very precarious place to be, since being sad is a part of life. I don't know how to avoid it. If anyone has a magic cloak that would deflect all that was troubling in life, let me know. We could make a mint, and I wouldn't have to worry about finding another job.

Until then I will try and tip toe around life, trying to stay on this high wire. Trying not to fall off to one side or the other. Trying to keep my courage.

No comments: