Monday, February 25, 2008

Bipolars to the poles!

Oh my God, oh my God, Oh my God.  I just found out about the coolest thing.  Totally.  

A group of young folks from "all over" Australia have put together an expedition to the two "poles" to raise money for research about and awareness of bipolar disorder.  

I love these folks.

What a fabulous idea.  A trek to the North Pole or a cruise to the South Pole.  If I didn't get so very seasick, I'd so be on that boat.

Here's the web-site:  www.bipolarexpedition.org

Yahoo - you go bipolar folks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
My name is Lisa and I have been selected to go on this expedition. I do not have bipolar disorder but I consider myself a carer. I believe a carer is a person who has extended friendship, emotionally and financially supported and shared in the frustrations of a close person with a mental illness. Bipolar is my relationship I have with a close friend; a friend who presented me with a Mental Health Discharge Summary, after being diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder. Within weeks of us meeting, my friend had lost his job and commenced a downward spiral of depression. Over the next twelve months he tried new medications, went to numerous doctors, started new jobs, and went broke. The disorder is debilitating and affects everyone around you. The act many of us take for granted; working, having a goal and achieving is more complicated with people with a mental illness.If you would like to help me please simply click on my page http://www.gofundraise.com.au/lisa and donate using your credit or debit card via secure transaction.
You have a great site. Thanks,
Lisa