Friday, February 1, 2008

Progress?

Rome wasn't built in a day.  One step forward, two steps back.  It's always darkest before the dawn.  Time is a great healer.  (OK - I'm really hoping He who laughs last, laughs hardest.  That would work for me.) Maybe even slow and steady won the race?  Certainly tomorrow is another day.  

And in the words of Amy Grant - "It takes a little time to turn the titanic around."

I was optimistic after a couple days that were more stable than most.  Apparently I follow directions well and when I was told to separate from my illness I did.  Because, by golly, I've never not gotten good marks in class.

But I guess my illness missed me, because it decided to visit this morning.  Can't really say the feeling is mutual.

But here's some of the lyrics from the Amy Grant song that keeps running through my head (at least when I'm trying to be hopeful):

"It takes a little time sometimes
To get your feet back on the ground
It takes a little time sometimes
To get the titanic turned back around
It takes a little time sometimes
But baby you're not going down
It takes more than you've got right now
Give it time

. . .

You can't fix this pain with money
You can't rest a weary soul
You can't sweep it under the rug, now honey
It don't take alot to know

It takes a little times sometimes."




No comments: