Sunday, January 6, 2008

Another dark and stormy night - Bonus suffering

Second night in a row.  Second sedative of the night.  The first sedative got me off the bathroom floor.  That was good.  But a couple hours later, still awake, felt a good crying jag and intense obsessive thoughts coming on and decided to get up instead. 

It's pretty sad that I don't even bother to take my pills with water anymore.  Just down they go.  Oh, pdoc did call.  More med changes in store for me.  That means more side effects.  Which means lots of good material for blogging.  But more on that later.

I thought I'd mention one thing folks don't necessarily think about when they think about depression.  Your body still keeps going and falling apart at its regular rate.  So, in addition to the depression, in the past few months I've had to deal with lice, a bladder infection, a yeast infection, a bad head cold, and the stomach flu.  Twice.  And a couple other problems too embarrassing to post.   Imagine how tough it is to deal with.  And I can't take Advil (interferes with the lithium) and I can't take Sudafed (too stimulating).  

My theme again - none of the books mention that you might continue to be physically falling apart and depressed at the same time.  And deprived of some of your regular remedies.  So, I decided to call this "bonus suffering."  Another reason depression stinks. 

No comments: