Wednesday, January 16, 2008

They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha Haaa

Ok, my husband didn't get the pop culture reference.  Too old I guess (sorry, honey).  Dr. Demento?  Anyone? 70s?

Anyway, this blog is in part supposed informative.  Telling you things you won't find elsewhere. Here's a new one.  Partial hospitalization.  You get to be a hospital patient, but go home at night.  Also called Day Programs.  I like to think of it as Bipolar Day Camp.  And I'm off to try it.

And I'm as nervous as a school kid on the first day of school, when you don't know the teachers, the other kids, where the bathroom is, etc.  But after yesterday everyone agrees, I need to try something different.  I can't take another day curled up on the floor.

So, I didn't read about this in any books, found out through my docs and the wonderful internet.  There are options between inpatient and nothing.

Folks at work, my office is going to be dark for a while.  I'm off to camp.

1 comment:

Robot Dancers said...

I have never heard of that kind of treatment. Doctors should definitely make an effort to get the word out there about "Bipolar Day Camp".

I hope it helps you.