Sunday, January 6, 2008

The one thing every depressed person needs (or why I love my sister)

A slow cooker.  No kidding.  This is the depressed person's best friend.  Run out and buy one.  My sister gave me one for Christmas.  Now I can make dinner when I can make dinner - which usually isn't dinner time, when I'm often in bed.  No, it's in the morning after my little blue pill.  Depression stinks because you find it so hard to get through a day and then worry about feeding everyone when you are so tired from keeping it together all day.  My family was eating a lot of scrambled egg sandwiches lovingly prepared by my husband as I lay in bed unable to get up.  Tonight we're having beef stew.  And it's already finished.  I tell you, if you don't have one, depressed or not, these things are a gift from God.

No comments: