Friday, January 11, 2008

Progress?

Today I drove to the grocery store.  By myself.  Without talking on the phone.  (Driving is a trigger for me.  I'll talk in a different blog about triggers.  Mine include music, driving, and pictures, among others.  They stink.)  

I shopped for groceries using a list I had prepared ahead of time.

I drove home.  By myself.  Without talking on the phone.

I put the groceries away.  I threw dinner in the slow cooker (so love the slow cooker,  see blog below).

I didn't cry the whole time.  Amazing.

Of course, I'm exhausted now.  And the ruminations/obsessive thoughts are worse and I'm feeling way more on the edge.

And according to the assessment I had today,  I'm doing amazingly well for someone in my condition.

What a God-awful disease this is.

No comments: