Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Peter and Repeat were in a boat . . .

Sometimes you need to hear things over and over and over.  I went to bipolar camp today (otherwise known as partial hospitalization or a day program).  You hang around with a group of folks who are going through the same thing you are.  That's worth the money alone.   Good folks too. (Run, don't walk, if you can find a program near you.)

But the group leader also went over some material on coping with your emotions that I've heard a thousand times before.  But you know, I think it helped.   I'm not fixed, I'm not cured.  I haven't magically become stable.  I've had my moments today.  And today ain't over.  But I had a better day.  And I feel like I have different tools in my tool box, even though I've plowed this ground before.

Some things bear repeating.

No comments: