Sunday, January 6, 2008

Morning glory

When one finally gets to sleep - even with the frequent wakings - there is a moment in the morning when you wake up, really wake up.  And sometimes it's a very brief moment where you almost forget about your life as it stands.  Then it hits you like a ton of bricks.  It's like picking up a really heavy load that you had almost forgotten you had.  You remember your depression and everything that goes along with it.  The pain comes rushing back in an intense wave.

Does this make getting out of bed hard?  You bet it does.  But if I don't get out of bed I can't take my meds.  And my Adderall is supposed to give me a jump start to my day so I don't stay in bed.  It works, but I'm still one of the walking wounded.  Just another reason why depression stinks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Someone I know has been dealing with this condition and its complications for a half dozen years or more. She seems to be doing better now, but we aren't in touch with each other as of January 20, 2008.
After an elaborate effort to help her from long distance, me in the Pacific NW, she in Florida, I concluded that the best approach might be to move to the Baltimore area. Johns Hopkins has an outpatient program that is directed by a M.D. who suffers from this disorder. You, or a close friend or relative, might check out this prospect.